Thursday, January 15, 2009

A kind Hello

Well hello! So my friend Brit turned me onto blogging. I wasn't for it, but I will try anything once, mostly just to say I did. So here I go.

A note about me:

I grew up in CA, until I graduated from high school, which is when I decided all I wanted was out of CA and as far away at that, as I could. So I came to a little town called Lynchburg, VA, 3000 miles away from everything and everyone I knew. Culture shock to my surprise, but for the past 6 years now, I've called this home. It's brought much joy along with many heartbreaks, wonderful friends, and the worst enemies, but with all of this I have learned so much of what life is made up of. Many trials and errors have made me into the person I am now and for that I cannot complain about this little town tucked away in the foothills of VA. I am dating my best friend of 6 years now. He is my stronghold and everyday I love him more for putting up with me. His name is Dustin and in days to follow you will learn more about him. I have the best friends anyone person could ask for. God has blessed me beyond belief by putting some of the most amazing influential people in my life. I believe in God. My life would consist of absolutely nothing without Him. I'm not super spiritual. In fact just the opposite, I'm Liberal. HAHA kidding, well kind of. In fact I believe in a very forgiving God. I'm addicted to coffee and handbags, and shoes. I have expensive taste and would rather buy clothes over food anyday. I have a fascination with good music. I'm a flirt by nature. I love painting and home decor. I couldn't live without Williams-Sonoma or Anthropology. I love being in a Kitchen surrounded by all of my favorite people cooking for them.

So let's get to the name of my blog. It's different and most people don't understand it and that's ok. I didn't name it for anyone else besides myself, but the truth is sometimes I crave a bad cup of coffee. I know it's strange, but have you ever been to a rundown dive that's filled with smoke and gotten a cup of coffee and it was the worst cup you have ever had? And you end up just sitting there people watching and wondering about the people you are watching. What they do, who they are, who they love, their name even trying to figure out their life? I just like a bad cup of coffee. Most would disagree, but I also like to go against the crowd.

Which brings me to my next topic of conversation. I LOVE coffee. Even a bad cup of joe. I worked at Starbucks, which I frequent most often. My boyfriend Dustin actually just gave me the new Starbucks Gold Card, which saves me 10% every time I use it. It's quite nice. I highly recommend it for all you coffee connoisseurs.

So this blog? I'm not really sure it's going to be about any one particular thing. It may just end up being a place where my thoughts turn into words for all of you to enjoy. Or maybe about my favorite things like music, coffee, shoes, and handbags. Or about my favorite designers such as DIANE von FURSTENBERG, Marc Jacobs, Trina Turk, or Seven for all Mankind. It could very well be a pleasant mix of all of these wonderful things combined.

Really, All I have left to say is... Keep reading and you may just find out for yourself.

No comments: